Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Its belief and creed are of forceful persuasion

By Atok Dan Baguoot



Its true colours are of distress and hopelessness

Its wings are of despair and hatred

Its bone marrows are of jealousy and envy oil

Its claws are of sorrow and regret

Its skin is itchy and troublesome

Its breathing is of fire and hot humid

Its eyes are of ill-watch and curse

Its name is of deception and cunning



Its first character is of Nasty worst “N”

Its middle identity is of Curse “C”

Its last perception is of perjury of bad “P”

Its long problematic tail is of anarchy

Its forsaken cradle land is of frying pan

It’s newly and forceful acquired land is of boiling pot

Its old cousin is of fire swallowing family

Its land is of explosive chemical for hatred



Its belief and creed are of forceful persuasion

Its name is of coerce and association

Its doctrine is of falsehood and none of inquisitive

Its name is never of free choice

Its name is of deceitful lineage and descendant

Its newly forced name is none of tolerance to my ancient name

Its name is of pretense and protest



Its healthy wish is of ill wish to me

Its wise thinking is of my dull thinking

Its attitude is of disasters in my life

Its greed of my natural wealth is of my destitute

Its greed of occupation of my cradle land is of my devastation

Its greed of my honey is of my early death

Its greed of my fertile black mud is of displacement

It greed of my hospitability of my sufferings



Its abuse of my acceptance is of my regrets

Oh God of justice and freedom, oh creator of appropriateness

Oh giver of trust, oh taker evil

How just is my creator, how selfish is rival

Turn for my rescue, turn for our oneness

Turn for my jovial happiness; turn against my sadness and despair

Turn for my oneness, turn against our division



Atok Dan is a journalist working with Southern Sudan Radio & TV and he is reached at atokfuture@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment